For 110 years…
A lot has happened since AB W.H. Nordvall & Co was founded in 1907. Here are some milestones from our long history:
- 2012 Nordvalls launches a new graphic profile and acquires Figosystem – one of Northern Europe’s most modern flexographic printing facilities, in Kungälv, north of Gothenburg.
- 2010 Nordvalls acquires its new production facility Nordvalls Pharma – dedicated manufacture of products for the medical industry.
- 2009 Change to new and more advanced vision press control system.
- 2008 Expansion of the digital “prepress flow” for offset and screen printing. Further investments are made in a wide UV flexographic press. Investment is made in production equipment for Shrink Sleeves.
- 2007 100 year anniversary is celebrated with much fanfare.
- 2005 Digital press is replaced by HP Indigo, opening up a sea of new opportunities.
- 2004 Digital “prepress flow”, CTP-technique for flexographic and book printing.
- 2002 The largest UV-flexo press in Scandinavia is installed for label production.
- 2000 New technique for the production of folded labels.
- 1998 Digital printing techniques are introduced.
- 1997 Development and production of folded labels begins.
- 1994 The first offset printing press begins to produce labels.
- 1983 Europe’s first Zig-Zag press is purchased.
- 1981 Flexorotation presses are introduced.
- 1963 The factory moves to new premises at its current location, and takes on its modern look.
- 1954 The business includes a printing press, a paper store and bookstore. The labels are developed from non-rubberized to rubberized, to dry rubberized and finally to self-adhesive.
- 1946 The company has 46 employees.
- 1907 AB W.H. Nordvall & Co is founded.